Do you love to write?
Do you have stories to tell, but feel intimidated by the writing process?
Do you have a memory that you’ve been meaning to record but just haven’t found the time?
Join us at the River House for a five-week memoir writing workshop!
· Turn your own experiences and history into a written work
· Explore the genres of memoir and autobiography
· Learn to celebrate your own unique voice
· Improve your ability to use language creatively and thoughtfully
· Get motivated to write every week
· Build a supportive community of fellow writers
No requirement for formal education or writing experience! Writers of all levels are welcome!
DATES June 27, July 3, July 11, July 18, July 25
Workshop Facilitator: Abbey Chung, The River House's first artist in residence, was raised in the woods of North Carolina and is now a professor of creative writing at Oberlin College. She believes language is power and self-expression is a basic right, and in service of that has been leading community writing workshops for the past seven years. Her writing interests include storytelling, folklore, fairy tales, experimental forms, and stories as political expression.
Participation is $45 and space is limited. Those who sign up should be prepared to attend all or most of the workshop sessions.
get your ticket at: www.theriverhousewv.org/event-registration
To learn more, contact us at email@example.com